Monday 7 November 2016

Trip Around the World Quilt

 When you have lots of works in progress (as i always seem to do) it is always nice to finish something and this week i finally finished my trip around the world quilt......it was all english paper pieced and hand quilted...so was a true labour of love...........
 .............as regular readers know, i love epp and find it very relaxing to do......i had to be very organised with this pattern though and make sure each square was in the right place in each block so i made the epp squares, numbered them and stored them in a separate bag for each block, then made a diagram to remind myself of the layout i had planned...........then i could just relax and stitch stitch stitch............
 .................i love the soft tilda fabric colours and think the quilt looks lovely on my grey sofa.......
 ................a work in progress shot, quilting at the kitchen table listening to radio 4 and waiting for a cake to bake........
 ................the way fabrics look together in a crumpled quilt shot always pleases me..........
 .................the quilt is a single bed size..........here it is complete with a little sugar bunny.............
 .........the backing fabric is a beautiful soft blue floral, also from tilda..................
 ...............it has been a cosy week here, with halloween at the start and bonfire night at the end....we have been lighting fires and candles and all the twinkle lights are on as soon as the dusk falls......
 ..............loving my latest candle called seaside memories........these 1803 candles are so stylish.....you can find them at the little green door here.............
 ...............the stitchery you can see here is for the centre of my on going st ives quilt.....
 ...............i add a bit of applique and another block to two to this quilt each week between other projects......this week i will also be baking something else from my favourite baking book.....
 ..............and as the weather here has turned very cold indeed i shall be glad of a new quilt to keep me cosy on these chilly wintry evenings...............
.................thank you for dropping by dear readers and for your very kind comments....such a pleasure to hear from you .........wishing you a wonderful week ahead with happy crafty times........keep cosy :).....................back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

31 comments:

Cindy said...

What a beautiful quilt, Helen! It does look a little daunting, with every square having to be in the precise order. And I'm sure it took a lot of time doing it by hand. But it is so pretty!
Have a great week and lots of crafty fun!

homemade@myplace said...

really beautiful!!!
Happy start of the week, xxxx Ale

Little Quiltsong said...

Love this quilt - it looks so cozy and homey!

Christine B said...

Love your fabulous quilt.... your hand stitching is so beautiful and I love the Tilda fabrics. Have a lovely week! Keep warm! Christine x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

It's definitely quilt time Helen and what a beauty your trip around the world is!! Just the ticket for chilly evenings. The colours are so beautiful...you are clever!
So glad to the see the little sugar bunny has her cardie on, she definitely needs it today!
Have a lovely week,
V x

Carole Willamson said...

A beautiful quilt Helen. I'm going to try and bake a cake this week , & I'll be browsing through Mary's book too.
Have a good week
Love Carole from Rossendale xxx

Annerose said...

Ein wunderschöner Quilt. Und die Äpfel mag ich auch.
Liebe Grüße Annerose

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt. Our candles are lit too - and our twinkly lights. Natalie

Jane said...

What a stunning quilt it is Helen, a total labour of love. Gorgeous work. I am sure you are so delighted with it. Yes it's certainly chilly now...enjoying snuggling down on these dark evenings. Hugs x

KC'sCourt! said...

Wow! Love that quilt
Julie xxxxxx

Betty4 said...

I'm always happy to read your posts. The quilt is beautiful as is all your work. Thank you so much.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Gorgeous quilt!
This time of year hearing the sewing machine going is as welcome as hearing jingle bells. lol

Mickie said...

Helen,
Beautiful quilt! I so admire your talent to paper piece and hand quilt such intricate patterns. I am still trying to get the courage to hand quilt my latest piece. One of these days I will do it!! Thank you for all your inspiration.
Mickie, USA

PamKittyMorning said...

It's so soft and pretty... perfect for a cuddle!

Jo@awholeplotoflove said...

It's gorgeous. I agree an epp quilt is a real labour of love I'm nearly at the end of a 12 month block kit. I am so so tempted by your quilt now though x

Elderberry-Rob said...

It's beautiful, as someone who hasn't got a clue how to make a quilt, it looks complicated but worth it. Looking forward to seeing the St Ives quilt soon, the peak looks lovely.

Teresa Kasner said...

I absolutely ADORE that quilt! The pattern and colors are perfection! Will this be for your home? I think you have a lovely life full of homey crafty endeavors and then to publish them and have your end products to keep or give as gifts.. just fabulous. I'm searching for a new sofa.. yours inspires me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Helen, thanks so much for sharing some of your lovely latest projects with us. The quilt is a sweet treasure to enjoy viewing as well as using to keep cozy! I have enjoyed seeing Mary on the British baking show and can imagine her Baking Bible is a favorite for many. I drove safely through steady rain on the way home Saturday. Mt. Hood has collected more snow, but our weather has not been too cold yet...but cool enough to encourage some cozy stitching here, too. Wishing you a happy week! xx

Jacky H said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, I love the colours. Can't wait to see what your next projects are.
Have a lovely week Helen.

kjsutcliffe said...

Lovely quilt, very pretty colours :)

Amy DeCesare said...

I've enjoyed my visit today with you thoroughly! The new quilt looks so beautiful in every setting...and I think squishy is my favorite view. All of the little props are charming - especially that apple pinnie and the little pumpkins at the end. I just discovered Mary Berry this summer on Netflix - what a fun cookbook that must be. You'll be keeping busy for a while now!

Summer said...

Beautiful quilt ♥

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Oh my! Your trip around the world is truly a labor of love! I love the soft colors and it does go beautifully with your gray sofa... those colors are so perfect with the soft blues and reds... I've never used those colors for quilting but sure do love them. I can just imagine how pretty it is there with bonfires and twinkling lights........as I sit here on a sunny day at 55 degrees! Our Fall weather hasn't really hit yet.. well we've had a few nights below freezing but the days are just gorgeous and blue and sunny. I'm inspired (as always) to get out one of my UFO's and work on it after seeing your finished lovelies. Marilyn in Oregon

Rhona said...

Such a beautiful quilt! As always your colour choices are wonderful.

Lorrie said...

Your quilt is so very pretty, Helen, perfect for snuggling under during the chilly fall nights. The colours blend together beautifully.

Things and Thoughts said...

Fabulous, this quilt is really unique Helen!And all your items, they are so special indeed!
Keep cozy you too!
Olympia

Pat's Patch said...

Gorgeous trip around the world quilt, beautiful subtle colours o show the pattern.congratulations on finishing this stunning quilt. Love your cute bunny, and in love with the star centrepiece to your St.Ives quilt. Stay cosy Helen XXX

Jo said...

Wow that is a stunning quilt. Your work amazes me, in colour, pattern and accuracy. Jo x

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Such a beautiful quilt and all handmade, it's so lovely. I love the little apples in the dish and pin cushion too xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Helen, your quilt is simply delicious!! A labour of love and definitely worth it. :-)

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Such a beautiful quilt Helen...I really love those colors...I can just imagine how cosy your house must look at this time of year ♥ Lovely to see a little sugar bunny sitting there too ;-)
Wishing you a happy new week,
Susan x